Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Secret Garden - Journal Page


This is my latest journal page. I started with the idea of trying an image transfer. The base page and border were already done when I did a previous page opposite. If you want to check the post out it's here. Well the image transfer went totally wrong, so I ended up printing the image again and colour tinting it with Distress inks. The roses were cut from some old wrapping paper. The leaves were drawn on and coloured with Derwent Inktense blocks. The quotes were taken from the book "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This has to be one of my all time favourite




This is a close-up of the image and text. I have to apologise about the bounce back from the flash. The days are so dull here at the moment there is no decent light to take photos!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to receive comments on my work. Thanks for joining me.
Karen