Thursday, September 25, 2014

Another Shadow Box

Two days and two posts, what's going on!?!
Inspiration is the key. I love to get new products as I find that I get excited and and my brain starts to click with ideas. This was the case when I got the shadow boxes from  I could see so many possibilities.  Yesterdays post showed a Halloween scene, whereas today I have a very different scene.

For this project I wanted to test just how sturdy the boxes were. I love to use glue, paint and texture paste in my projects. I glued book pages all over the frame as a background. I then applied a thin layer of white gesso over the top. On top of this layer I added texture paste and additional paper. The next step was to add lots of paint in different colours. Next I cut some house shapes from page strengthened sheets and covered these in paper and fabric. The tree stems and the grass mound in front of the frame were also cut from strength tenders, have I told you just how much I love this product? Some corrugated paper made up the paths and white paper for the clouds. The houses, trees and clouds were added with the wording added to finish. 

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September Design Team project for Craftycutting

I am so excited to be chosen to be part of this wonderful team and look forward to creating lots of projects with the wonderful products from My first design team package arrived last week. I couldn't wait to get started. As Halloween is fast approaching I decided to use the shadow box to make a Halloween scene. Carol had also included some of the lovely new Graphic45 'an Eerie Tale' paper, so I used these to cover the box and to fussy cut lots of silhouette images. I also used one of the great cut-outs of a spider which I embossed with black and purple embossing powders. Another product which I love is the cardboard page strengtheners. I have used these in a couple of different ways here. Firstly I covered a piece of cardboard with black paper, embossed it with a wood embossing folder and then diecut a tree from it. For the house, I embossed a piece of cardboard with a lined folder and cut it into strips. I stuck these stripes onto another piece of cardboard and cut out the rickety house. I then inked the house with black ink and added some acetate for windows.

Hope you like the project and will try something like it for yourself.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Prima altered metal frame project

A while ago I was given the beautiful Prima Metal frame by Kate from I have only just got around to doing a project with it this week. The frame itself is so lovely that I didn't want to change it in any way.  So I set about gathering lots of paper, resin, flowers,lace and vintage goodies. 
For the background I used Prima seashore paper and a piece from Prima Everyday Vintage which reads Moments captured. I used texture paste through a stencil and sprayed the whole thing with Prima Bloom spray in Soft Teal. I used this spray throughout to tie all of the pieces together. Next I took one of Finnabairs metal pieces, painted it and sprayed it and then sprayed a Prima resin frame with the bloom spray too. The spray settled in all of the grooves in the frame, giving , I think, a lovely effect.

I was lucky to be gifted a lot of vintage jewellery and lace recently and have used some pieces here. The pearl necklace, the strip of gemstones and the quirky little watch face can be seen here. I have used some old french lace and tiny loose pearls in the background. Finally lots and lots of flowers, some of which have been sprayed with the soft teal bloom spray, have been added inside and out. I love how it turned out.

The finished frame.