This is how I started out. I used pencil and Distress Markers to draw and colour the houses.
And this is where I ended up. I stamped on tissue paper and added it to the roofs and paths. I painted the houses with a heavier acrylic paint. The sky was a little bit of a disaster. I had used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze to drip down the page ( hoping for a meteor shower effect) but it just wasn't working, so I over-painted it with ranger Paint Dabbers. Who knew that the glaze (should have worked it out from the name) would resist! I then painted some violet ink over the top and used my Inktense pencils to deepen the colour. The stars are from a Dylusions stencil, which I picked up from Create with Kate.
Stay tuned for my (hopeful) improvement over the next few months.