Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Love" Journalling

Did you see what I did with the title? For this page I played with my new Dylusions sprays. Oh my word are they fab! I used the Bubblegum Pink, Vibrant Turquoise and Crushed Grape. I got the sprays from the lovely Kate at Create with Kate. She has a great range and I believe the new colours will be coming in over the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to get my hands on them, there is a new red and a new pink.


 Anyhow to the page. I spritzed the page liberally with water and then sprayed my three colours onto the page. I then closed my journal and got two pages for the price of one! I rolled off the excess ink with kitchen roll to give a lighter background. I then went back with my turquoise and grape sprays, but this time I didn't spritz the page first and concentrated the sprays at the top of the page. I stood the journal up then to allow the ink to flow down the page.




After drying the page I drew a large heart in the middle of the page and used a thin layer of gesso to fill the centre of the heart. I stamped out the love crafting girl from Stampotique Originals and used an image transfer paste to place her to the left of the heart. I outlined her in white to make her stand out from the background. The heart was outlined firstly with Derwent inktense pencil and blocks and finally with white pen. To finish I used the Dylusions Stars stencil, through which I spritzed water. I ran over this with my kitchen roll to lift some of the ink off the page, dried the page again and outlined the stars in white.
The quote is from Shakespeare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to receive comments on my work. Thanks for joining me.
Karen