Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dress Form

Hi everyone. I thought I would post this dress form that I finished today. I covered the form with decopatch paper in gold and white crackle pattern. The bottom edge is decorated using some vintage trim which was in a sewing box passed to me by my mother-in-law. The box was a treasure trove which had been her mothers. The piece around the waist also came from this box and is a section of a hand laced collar which has then been painted! It is truly stunning. I used some trim as a dangling necklace, added lots of tissue paper flowers cut using the tattered florals die and added some wings cut with the fanciful flight die. I also added some vintage sequin thread to the neck and base. Finally a pin with a 'Muse' tag to finish.
The flowers were sprayed with cosmic shimmer mists and perfect pearls mist. I painted white paint over the muse tag and then wiped it off, to highlight the word.

The back of the dress form was finished with a satin bow and a paper flower.

A detail of the flowers and the decopatch paper used to cover the dress form.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to receive comments on my work. Thanks for joining me.
Karen