Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tag for Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge

This is a tag which I have created, inspired by the technique of marbling in Tim Holtz' new book Compendium of Curiosities 2. I created the marbled background as shown in the book, I then over-stamped with Picket Fence Distress Stain. The butterflies were stamped twice, once onto the tag and again onto a piece of marbled cardstock. The butterflies on the cardstock were cut out and added to the tag. I stamped the sentiment with Vintage photo ink and edged the tag with the same ink. The seam binding was coloured using the distress stains, Broken China and Peeled Paint. Hope you like it! Most of my supplies came from the wonderful online store Create with Kate, she definitely stocks my favourite ranges of products.
The challenge is hosted by Linda here, pop by for the full details.

5 comments:

  1. Love the background! And those stamps are one of my favorites. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen your tag looks good..........Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag Karen, your background looks great and love the butterflies.
    Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is gorgeous! Your marbled stain work is perfect, and the dimensional butterflies look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty at the CC2 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to receive comments on my work. Thanks for joining me.
Karen