Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kitchen Wall

Once upon a time this range cooker stood on one wall in my kitchen. Almost 2 years ago we took it out and were left with this.......

Yes a large concrete un-plastered section on the wall. Normal people would have had a plasterer come in, level out the wall and paint it to match the rest. In our house it is seen as a project which needs to be mulled over and discussed for nearly two years. Until yesterday when I used lots of lovely scrapbook papers to make a beautiful collage which covers the whole wall.


To the top of the collage I added some botanical prints which came in a writing set from Martha Stewart. I had planned to use the colours shown as a base and to put my all time favourite papers on top, but for once decided that less is more! My good friend Mandy helped me out for the day and made the process a real pleasure. Thanks Hunny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to receive comments on my work. Thanks for joining me.
Karen